Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Meet our Dogs!

"Cisco" is an American Eskimo that I purchased after college. I have had him since 1995. This dog has been with me through thick and thin. I got him so that I could have a companion when I moved home and lived in an apartment on my own. Little did I know that puppies are a LOT of trouble. I wasn't sure if I would survive the puppy year(s). He chewed up everything! Twelve years later, here we are! Cisco has endured the addition of Randy (a new master with LOTS of new rules), Corbyn (a baby that pulled his hair) but has always thought the world of him, the adoption of "Hope" (a new boss in town), and now the twins. Cisco has changed houses 5 times in the span of 12 years. He is a great dog that takes any affection that he can get and is content in taking a backseat to everything else going on around him.

"Hope" is our blue doberman pinscher and is obviously a good sport. Randy says that this photo is demeaning to her. She didn't seem to mind at the time that Corbyn was dressing her up (again). We adopted Hope on Corbyn's 3rd birthday from the Knoxville Humane Shelter. They had already named her Hope. We didn't think it fit at the time but it has stuck anyway. All they could tell us about her is that she had been picked up several times since her owners only used her to breed puppies. Her ears are not clipped in doberman style so she doesn't look as intimidating as she could. I was actually at the shelter looking for a kitten of ours that went missing and stumbled upon her. Randy had always wanted a large dog and she had the sweetest face. She took to me right away. While Randy "thought about it", I would go to the shelter everyday and take her for walks. We brought her home on Corbyn's 3rd birthday and treat that day as her birthday as well since they estimated that was how old she was. "Hope" is a handful only because she wants constant attention. She worships the ground that Randy walks on and obeys all of us (even the boys). She is a chronic licker and a presence to be reckoned with simply for her size. She let Cisco know from day one that she was in charge and he has reluctantly allowed her to be for obvious reasons. Hope is great with Corbyn and the boys but when she makes sudden movements (playful of course) it startles the boys. They will have to get used to her spastic ways. We love them both and enjoy having them as parts of our family.

No comments: